My husband has been super busy working two jobs and traveling for business, so guess what? I got the yard ready for winter (kids helped too) and even better, I put the Christmas lights up. Phew--that one was hard. Blood, sweat, and tears! But I figured it out, and if I need to do it again next year, it will be a piece of cake.
![]() |
| I know, I know, it's not horribly impressive, but I did it!!! |
I think what it boils down to is self-control. I need to learn to have power over ME! I curl up in bed while my kids get ready for school instead of getting out of bed and getting things done (I rationalize that mornings are just NOT my thing!) I rarely say no when offered a yummy dessert. If I'm hungry late at night, I eat. I need to work on my self-control.
And mostly, I need to make sure I'm fitting my priorities into my day--family, health, education. Perhaps my daily routine needs to reflect that.
I need to master self-control. Do things that are uncomfortable, like get up early in the morning, exercise, resist unhealthy foods most of the time, and go to bed without a full stomach.
Here are my thoughts for the week:
- Discipline is remembering what you want (David Campbell)
- Everyone must choose one of two pains: The pain of discipline or the pain of regret (Jim Rohn)
- You have to decide what your highest priorities are and have the courage--pleasantly, smilingly, non-apologetically -to say 'no' to other things. And the way to do that is by having a bigger 'yes' burning inside. The enemy of 'best' is often the 'good.' (Stephen Covey)
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/discipline.html

No comments:
Post a Comment