I think a
better solution is to scrap the New Year’s Resolutions completely and
concentrate on setting short-term, achievable goals. By taking things one day
at a time and making small changes, I hope to form the healthy habits I need to alter my lifestyle and not only lose the weight, but keep it off.
So let’s
get this straight. I am on a journey
to lose those 40 pounds, but as Confucius said, “The journey of a thousand
miles begins with one step.” And my first step is to set two short-term goals. I'll re-evaluate these goals in two weeks. If I've done well, I'll set new
ones. If not, I'll try again. I'll also keep a running total of my weight loss (in
percentages) and track it every week.
I'm hoping that by setting achievable goals, being held accountable, and taking things slowly I will see lasting results this time. Hard work and patience
are the key to weight loss. In the words Benjamin Franklin, “He that can have
patience can have what he will.”
So here
goes!
Here are my "before" photos:
The Walking Site: 10,000 Steps a Day
Here are my "before" photos:
![]() |
| My family--October 2012 |
![]() |
| I'm the one in the red sweater--you know, the one that actually has forty pounds to lose! |
Goal #1: Eat 4-5 servings of fruits & veggies every day
10 tips on how to shop smart for fruits & vegetables
10 tips on how to shop smart for fruits & vegetables
Goal #2: Wear a pedometer & take 10,000 steps Mon.-Sat.
The Walking Site: 10,000 Steps a Day


No comments:
Post a Comment