Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekly Check-in: I Need to Do Better!

My progress has pretty much sucked this last week. I only managed to reach each of my goals two out of seven days. :(

I could go on and on with excuses. I threw a party for my son who was home from college. I held a baby shower for my sister-in-law. I rushed, rushed, rushed around all week with my college classes and midterms as well as my kids' homework assignments and projects. I had to come up with quick and easy dinners each night so we could all head out to various activities such as band concerts, boy scouts, youth group activities, etc. 

I think what it boils down to is this: Life will ALWAYS be stressful, no matter what. I need to decide that I will accomplish my goals regardless. I'm tired of feeling yucky. We had our family pictures done and I hate that I am overweight. I have been a healthy weight my whole life up until these last few years. (Well, except for those 5 or 10 post-childbirth pounds that I never got rid of.)  The point is that I looked and felt better and I want that back! 

I am re-committing right now. I WILL do better this next week.I'm posting this motivational picture that I stole from my friend Carin (who is in disgustingly great shape, by the way.)

Here's to a better week!


So True!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this, I'm in the same boat and losing weight is hard during this fall and winter months. You seem dedicated, good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats inspiring! I also have a busy life so this helps me to stay on top of the things that I'm doing. Plus I need to work out more.

    ReplyDelete