Monday, December 3, 2012

Bi-Weekly Evaluation: Weight Loss is Just Not Happening

My goal of weight-loss is a hippopotamus sitting on my shoulders, crushing me like a can of coke. Good metaphor, huh! It should be so simple to get 10,000 steps a day. But it's not. At the end of the day, when I look at my pedometer and I realize I don't have enough steps, the last thing I want to do is go walking.

Everyone I talk to is stressed out and busy. It's not just me. There has got to be a way to fit weight-loss into my life even with stress and business, but how?

I have not lost any weight since I started this blog and I don't foresee my life getting any easier in the next little while. The end of the semester is upon me and I am super busy with studying and finals. Plus, the holidays are here, and let's face it, it's hard to eat less this time of year! But I don't want to wait. If you put off weight loss for a more convenient time, it will never happen. I want to keep trying.

I decided to talk to a couple of my favorite people about what helps them the most. My friend Ivy is an inspiration to me. She has been losing weight over the last couple of years. I asked her:

What did you find the most helpful in your quest to lose weight?



Thank you Ivy! So, being held accountable was the key for her. My brother Jon is also a good motivator. He is a goal-oriented person, and always inspires me to do better. I asked him:

What keeps you motivated:



Thanks Jon! He listed accountability as a key as well.I guess there is something to be said about having to return and report. I have this blog, but it's probably not the same as having to face a real live human being. I will have to think on that some more.

For the next two weeks, I'm going to keep trying to get those 10,000 steps a day. I moved my treadmill into the family room and I'm hoping that will help. I'll walk and watch TV.  I can do it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I do weird things with my hands when I talk. Yes...accountability is key. And since I've stopped being held accountalbe, I've gained about 17 pounds. So that sort of supports my point, eh? I'm feeling discouraged too. I like food. I love food. The fattier and more sugary (or chocolatey) the better. Anyway, I think I'm going to start the new year being accountable to my husband. Maybe I'll be embarrassed just enough to want to make those numbers go down. Hoping he'll let me do the same for him. :) We want to be smaller for our 20th anniversay in October. :)

    ReplyDelete